Keep on the Borderlands and Beyond
There are many methods to generate your character's ability scores. We will use the following method:
1. Think about the type of character you want to play. Consult with your fellow players and discuss what makes the kind of adventuring party you'd like to have.
2. Roll 3d6 and tally the results. Record the result on scrap paper. Do this 6 times.
3. Based on the character class you wish to play, assign your rolls to the abilities that make sense. Remember that each class has one or more primary abilities that have minimum requirements and higher values in these abilities grant experience point bonuses during play.
4. If your rolls were terrible (more than 3 abilities less than 10), roll a new character. Also take a look at Adjusting Ability Scores within the Basic and Expert rules.
5. Make note of your class abilities and features.
6. Roll the starting wealth for your class and go shopping for equipment.
7. I'd prefer if you made more than one character. We may even allow players to run two PCs at the same time, depending on the number of players in the game.
Back to the Main Page